--- Mark Benson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have just got an LCIII that is in pretty rough
> shape. The logic
> board is corroded around many of the contacts and
> the tin contacts on
> the RAM and VRAM are corroded. I want to save it for
> a spare board
> (the lower shell is trash but the floppy and logic
> board and hood are
> good) and the VRAM is a 512k so it's worth
> salvaging. Everything
> seems to work fine but it looks like a prime
> candidate for dodgy contact syndrome.

Electronics stores used to carry spray cans of the
same stuff that was used by manufacturers in their
flus washing baths. But you can't get it anymore.
I think it was called 1,1,1 Trichloroethane. The
supposedly "safe" stuff that's replaced it is very
harsh on human skin and you sure as heck do not want
to breathe any of it. "Safe" my backside. :P

=====
http://www.junkscience.com "All the Junk that's fit to Debunk!"