>Electronics stores used to carry spray cans of the
>same stuff that was used by manufacturers in their
>flus washing baths. But you can't get it anymore.
>I think it was called 1,1,1 Trichloroethane. The
>supposedly "safe" stuff that's replaced it is very
>harsh on human skin and you sure as heck do not want
>to breathe any of it. "Safe" my backside. :P

It makes your skin itch, great wear gloves. You say don't breath it
in - is it toxic, carcinogenic or both? 1,1,1-trichloroethane was
banned for use as a solvent in this country in about 1998 as I
remember (just after I spent a week using it in a flex-plate setting
factory) as it is a quite serious toxin. I worked in the plate
setting shop for several hours at a time and I often felt dazed at
the end of the day, we were using gallons of 1,1,1 everyday for
cleaning the rubberized plates and often just walked off to the door
and stood outside to clear our heads for 5 minutes. I can tell you it
ain't nice stuff. Also it is a chlorinate hydrocarbon, which means it
probably doesn't do the tissue of your respiratory system any good.
As to the replacement I haven't had cause to use it, I expect it's
just as bad.

I don't have access to either anyhow. I usually use isopropyl alcohol
in a pump-spray canister. Will this shift it? I don' want to have to
scrub the board as I'm afraid of damaging it.

Mark Benson
Any spelling errors are attributed to PEBKAC

SilValleyPirate - AIM
silicon_valley_pirate_uk - Yahoo!

Visit Flat Pack Macs Online:
<http://fpm.gotdns.com>