At 20:40 20/06/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>At 11:44 AM 6/21/2002 +1200, you wrote:
> >I realise this may be outside the scope of this group (and perhaps a silly
> >question) but does anyone know if it is normal to be able to turn off your
> >IR port equipped Mac (my LC630 in this case) with a TV remote?
>
>Kind of interesting that your TV's remote just happened to do it, but yes,
>you can turn the Mac on and off with a remote. Usually it'd be the official
>Apple one, but go figure.
>
>What model of remote is it? Could be a useful thing to know.

Not sure about the model of remote but both the remote for my Sony TV and
VCR work on my Mac, so far I've only found the volume controls (which does
raise and lower the macs volume) and the on/off buttons to actually do
anything, the channel buttons (1,2,3,4,etc.) do cause the mac to make a
clicking noise however.

Donovan.

_
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.