--- Donovan Marshall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I finally got my LC630
<clip>
> room. While working on it one night I had the TV on
> and had just switched
> the TV off via the remote when pretty much the same
> time off goes the Mac.
> I switched on the TV again, and on comes the Mac...
> needless to say I found this a little odd,

Cool. :) The Mac's on/off signal either exactly
matches the one for your TV or the beginning part
of the TV's code. If the TV uses a longer code than
the Mac, the Mac will just go on or off when the
correct pattern is all recieved. Anything after would
be ignored by the Mac.

What make an model is your TV? Using a universal
remote?

For loads of fun, hit http://www.hifi-remote.com/
and learn what you can do with a remote that has
a JP1 connector, a simple cable, and a computer. :)

Unfortunately all the software development looks
to be geared towards Windows and/or Linux and using
the parallel port. With a bit of work I'm sure a
Mac could do the same stuff with those remotes. :)

=====
http://www.junkscience.com "All the Junk that's fit to Debunk!"