Regarding the floppy drive problem: I'd still bet on a funky floppy
drive, "new" or not.  Your specified symptoms sound mechanical, not
electricial/electronic.  If you can, try the drive in another machine
and see if the problem follows the drive.  If it does, it's the drive.
If it doesn't, then you may have mobo/cable problems.

Regarding your earlier post on the 8*24GC card:  G-world memory is
incredibly hard to find and unbelievably expensive. After you spend the
big bucks to purchase it you find that it doesn't do much because it
requires apps that were written to take advantage of it and there
were/are damned few of them.  You would be better of (IMHO) purchasing a
third party vid card such as a Supermac Spectrum III or such. You can
frequently pick them up off ebay for pennies on the dollar.

Jim