--
I removed the video card which I had done before, and I removed the cache card.

You hit it Donn, It started up with cache card out. Now I'm going to
reattach the external SCSI chain and plug in the ethernet cable. Is
there a way to test cache card? I guess sticking it back in will give
part of that answer. I'll keep you posted. Thanks all for your help
again.

dan_A