At 15:05 -0500 on 31/07/02, R.A. Cantrell wrote:

>on 7/31/02 3:02 PM, william ahearn at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
>> Then, let me put it this way: Does the use of the
>> software deprive anyone of anything?
>Yes, potential licensing fees. Moolah.

It's pretty difficult to make that argument when the companies won't even
*sell* you the software in most cases.

Mac OS 8.1, for instance, *can* still be bought from Apple.  But I challenge
anyone to successfully purchase ClarisWorks, or Microsoft Excel prior to the
version that ships with Office 98, or Word, or PageMaker prior to 6.5, or
Photoshop prior to 6.x, from the companies that publish the software.
--

the pickle

FAQ <http://macfaq.org/index.shtml>

Software Archive
<ftp://download:[EMAIL PROTECTED]//Users/thepickl/Sites/Archive/>
<http://www.members.jmug.org/%7Ethepickl/archive/>