Try to justify casual use all you like, but a copyright is a copyright,
and a license is a license.

Long-time readers know that I am a huge NeXT fan, and that I keep a
couple of those machines running at home.  Absolutely NO SOFTWARE can be
bought today for these machines -- you're lucky to find stuff on eBay
even.  But just because it cannot be bought anywhere today, and just
because no company in existence cares one patootey about any copyright
for NeXT software, that doesn't make it legal (whether it is moral is
another question) for me to pirate that software.

Quite unfortunate for users of vintage systems, but that's the way the
law is written today. :(

Eagle, on digest

PS -- We have Walt Disney and the like to thank for the never-ending
copyright.