>Situation:  I've got a fine Pismo G3 but a terribly slow phone connection.
>I need to download some large pgms and docs (Mozilla, etc,) and library only
>lets us use 1.4 meg floppies.
>
>So, has anyone been able to slip into the computer sections of their library
>and plug a zip drive into one of the almost always IBM type machines and
>download to the zip and then sneak out again?

Sneakin' in and out of places, yes, but not a library, with a Zip disk.
I'll keep it short:

If that fine Pismo G3 and your Zip drive talk to each other through USB,
*and* the PC in the library are also equiped with USB, you can hook the Zip
drive up to the PC's. It is a matter of installing the right Iomega Zip
software on the PC and inserting a PC formatted Zipdisk.

If the PC's do not have USB, you're restricted to connecting the Zip drive
to the parallel/printer port, which requires a Zip drive for the parallel
port, or perhaps a conversion gizmo.

Here at home, the PC has a parallel port Zip drive, and the IIci has a SCSI
zip drive. I ShoeNet between them with PC formatted Zip disks, which are
perfectly readable on the Mac with the OS 7.5.x 'Joliet' extension.

Other compatiblity issues: both drives are blue :)

Žmartt