>While this ought to be over on the mac-n-dos list,
>I'll tell you anyway. ;)

Ditto but it's list traffic and I've been trying to build that up
recently so I've been relatively lenient (what with all this
copyright discussion and all) with OTs as the list has a habit of
grinding to a halt without them ;)

>Right Click on Network Neighborhood on the desktop
>then clck Properties. Or go to Start, Settings,
>Control Panel then double click Network. Click on
>TCP/IP in the list then click the Properties
>button. :) There may be more than one TCP/IP entry.
>For networking you want the one bound to the network
>adapter as indicated by an arrow like this. ->
>WinXP calls it My Network Places on the desktop and
>since I'm not near my XP box right now I don't
>recall what it is in Control Panel but it has Network
>Connections in the name.

For windows 98 it's just called 'Network' - then you need to scroll
down the list and find 'TCP/IP for -XXXXXTHINGUMYJIG LAN CARD-
(replace as appropriate)' and click properties. That will show you
the settings. HOWEVER if your Sysadmin is a clever monkey he'll have
disabled access to Control Panels ad
dmin level settings.

>(Note that Win9x and newer can run multiple TCP/IP
>connections on multiple devices straight out of the
>box, no 3rd party software needed like Mac OS 9.x.x
>and older. ;-)

And how much work did you ever get done in between crashes in Windows 98?

Mark Benson
Any spelling errors are attributed to PEBKAC

Vintage Macs List Nanny

SilValleyPirate - AIM
silicon_valley_pirate_uk - Yahoo!

Visit Flat Pack Macs Online: