Visionary wrote:

> Look guys, I'm coming from the ugly Windows/DOS world. I don't understand
> the need for drivers to install a hard drive whatsoever except for that
> brief and ugly period in our "own" history when there was such a thing as
> EIDE which I tried to avoid like the plague. :)

Alright. The best solution to this that I can think of
is to use the "hacked" version of Apple's HDSC. (Apple
designed it to see only Apple drives. The hack allows
for other drives to be seen.)  That way you can wipe
the drive, install an Apple driver and be on your merry
way. Wonder where to get it? Hmmmm. We'll see.

William