Looks like the Pioneer DRM-604X will have to find
a home connected to one of my Macs, assuming it
works with 7.6.1 or 9.1. :) My PC's SCSI controller
identifies it as a DRM-600.

MS totally screwed up how changers work in 2K and
XP. :P ATAPI/IDE ones show as a single drive only
and you have to jump through hoops to make them
change discs. SCSI changers show as multiple drives
but refuse to load any discs. :P

Nobody seems the least bit eager to fix it either. :(

If it won't work on my Macintoshi I'll have to fob
it off on someone running Win9x (where it will
work properly like six CD-ROMs) or someone running
an olde enough Mac System. :)

Or I may see if there's a way to make it work as a
standalone 6 disc changer for playing audio CDs
and jack it into my entertainment system. Hmmm, I
wonder if the "reserved" DIP switch is actually
a "test" switch? All SCSI CD type drives I've seen
have a "test" jumper that when closed makes them
start playing an audio CD when loaded. Quickly hit
the eject button to skip to the next track. Make
use of an olde 1X or 2X drive that way. :)

=====
http://www.junkscience.com "All the Junk that's fit to Debunk!"