At 11:13 PM -0400 8/11/02, the pickle wrote:
>At 20:02 -0700 on 11/08/02, Gregg Eshelman wrote:
>
>>I connected it to my 7300 this morning and apparently
>>the Pioneer control panel can't see anything on the
>>secondary SCSI bus. Bummer.
>>
>>Next step will be to try it on the Power IIci and
>>see if it works with the single SCSI bus on it.
>>
>>Can any of the 3rd party disk drivers handle CD
>>changers?
>
>None of the ones I tried when I had one of these hooked up to a Q650 could...

I used an NEC 7 CD drive with my WGS80 server using FWB's CD-ROM
Toolkit.  It worked well enough but at various times it would cycle
through all 7 CD-ROMs which took a couple of minutes.  Very annoying.

I've since replaced that server and drive with a 7500 and a 60Gb IDE
drive.  Instead of serving CD-ROMs I store image files of them on the
HD, mount them as volumes on the server and serve them on the
network.  I can serve a lot more than 7 CDs this way and they are
much faster too.
--
Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA