A) Depending on who built the computer, there could be just about anything
onboard. I've seen 386s with literally nothing onboard, and 386's with
serial/parallel/video/scsi onboard.

B) Comparing any PC to a Mac hardware-wise in that era is a bad idea. For
example, a well-equipped 386/40 (Model that is being thrown around in this
discussion) would run roughly $2500, comparably equipped to the IIfx. Since
neither shipped with a monitor, it's still a fair comparison. When you look
at the IIfx's sticker of $10k, you could add every interface known to man in
1990 to that PC for $7500.

Now I'm not saying that the IIfx isn't more capable than the 386/40. I'm
just saying that the IIfx doesn't have an edge in anything, as long as you
look at the price ratio.

Terry