--- Chris McFadden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> I have to agree with 3.1 on a 386. I've got an old
> laptop with a 486/25 that
> positively crawls with Win95.

That's because it's only 25Mhz. ;P The 40Mhz CPU and
bus speed that makes the IIfx "wicked fast" also
makes the 386DX/40 "wicked fast", for a 386. ;)

The 486 really didn't come into it's own until the
DX2/66. IMHO, the maximum potential of the 040 was
never even approached. Too bad there never was an
040 running at 100Mhz on a 50Mhz bus. There was
a 486 like that but it was rare, mainly because
there were (expletive) few motherboards that were
stable at 50Mhz. But wow, were they fast in their
(short) day.

Hmm, if only there was an alternate universe where
Apple kept on with the 68k CPU line.... ;) A 2.2Ghz
68090?

=====
http://www.junkscience.com "All the Junk that's fit to Debunk!"