--- Scott Holder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> My guess, if it's a socketted 386, the fastest you
> could put in there
> are some of the older Intel "Overdrive" processors
> and... I think it was
> Cyrix who made a 486-class chip that fit in a 386
> socket. If it's not
> socketted... You're stuck unless you really want to
> try hacking a socket onto the thing.

IBM made and sold many types of 486 CPUs that would
work in existing 386DX and 386SX and 286 systems.
(286 because most 386SX systems were based on older
286 system board designs!)

Improve IT! and Evergreen were a couple of the biggest
makers of 286 and 386 to 486 upgrades, even for
soldered on 386SX chips. They also sold 286 to 386
upgrades when the 386SX was new. A friend of mine
upgraded a 10Mhz 286 IBM PS/2 model 60 to a 20Mhz
486 with an old Improve IT! upgrade then installed
Linux on it with a SCSI hard drive. Slooowwwwwwwww.

I hope you can get the Orange card working. Come and
join the Mac-N-DOS list! We're bored on that list. :)
Need more to talk about.

=====
"Work it harder make it better do it faster makes us stronger.
More than ever hour after our work is never over." Daft Punk