If you have a printer with 68k Mac drivers and an
ethernet LAN, grab one of the HP JetDirect EX
printserver boxes off eBay. You want to make certain
to get the Ethernet version! There's also a JetDirect
EX Plus 3 that can run 3 printers. Make sure you
get the power supply because it uses a proprietary
connector.

HP has a list of printers that will work with the
servers. Basically any that isn't a GDI or
"winprinter"
or host processing printer. Several older mid to
high end HP DeskJets fall into that category and
have Mac drivers. They're the first generation HP
USB/Parallel printers. Some other brands will also
work.

--- Charles Shannon Hendrix <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> The thread is about getting a Mac to talk to a UNIX
> print server.
>
> I know all about what a network PostScript printer
> can do.  If I had
> one of those I might not have started the thread!
>
> Also, a lot of network printers are still managed
> from a print server.
> So any system using it still has to talk to the
> server.

=====
"Work it harder make it better do it faster makes us stronger.
More than ever hour after our work is never over." Daft Punk