On Tuesday, November 12, 2002, at 10:36 PM, the pickle
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> At 15:53 -0500 on 12/11/02, Shannon wrote:
>
>> I have some disk images with a creator of IMGg and a type of GKON.
>
> That's the creator code for GraphicConverter, and it's quite possible
> that they
> aren't really disk images at all.

Probably an accurate guess. It may be worth FAQing that there are other
disk image formats around that may be of interest to Classic Mac folks
-- DART (unofficial Apple format before DiskCopy 4.2), Shrinkwrap
(popular in the mid 90's, may mount with StuffIt but some academic
sites still have the Shrinkwrap binary available for download). Not to
mention the old archive formats on some retro sites. Anyone seen a
PackIt (.pit) archive recently?

Phil
---
"Most engineering products can be readily adapted to suit their
originally intended purpose" -- C H Thornycroft