>Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 00:55:39 -0500

>What kind (brand) of modem and ethernet card do you suggest? All I
>really want to do is some very slow internet trawling (does iCab work?)
>and email using Eudora. Also, some very basic text processing with
>either Nisus or BBEdit.
>
>Neal

I would suggest a 28.8 or 33.6k modem, unless you might use the modem on
a newer mac at a later time and then you could go with 56k. I personally
like Global Village modems, mostly because they look nice, and they're
simple. There's also no serial adapter cable to hunt down for them like
most other brands (db9 to din-8 or db-25 to din-8). I'd recommend joining
LEM Swap List and post a want to buy ad. I see them somewhat regularly
for $10 or less.

I'm guessing the ethernet question has already been answered to death,
but if you go with an Apple or Assante, the drivers are built into the
operating system. I use an Assante in my SE/30 and my SE, and they work
fine. All my LC type computers (LC II, LC III, and LC 550) seem to have
Apple cards and also work fine. I'd say whatever you can get for cheap,
and whatever you can get with an RJ-45 jack.

Hope this helps,

J White

Buy American
S.O.S. Save Our Steel