I have to admit, I too am put off by all of this. A couple weeks ago I posted
a message about RAM, and as I clicked "send" I wondered what comments I would
get from pickle.

I understand what pickle is saying, and he may be totally in the right, and
the majority of the group may agree with him. I just don't understand what
the purpose of this discussion group is and why I'm allowing my inbox to be
flooded with mail from this group if I can't participate or ask a "stupid"
question.

I would think that you would welcome new members, and that there would be an
understanding that you may need to cover old ground with them. I could easily
look in the archive and read what's been posted. Where is the discussion in
that?

Are you obligated to answering everyone questions? If you've answered a
question a hundred times already, then maybe you let someone else answer the
question this time.

I guess I just don't get what this discussion group is all about. Do I have
this wrong? It is a discussion group... right?

One final observation... less mail would be generated, and less flaming would
be done if the question had just been answered in the first place. To much
energy is wasted trying to direct people away from the list.

That's my two cents.

Ron