Argh!  I was unplugging my IIsi to use the cables on another machine.  I had already
removed the video cable when I accidently hit the on button on the back panel.  I let
the machine finish it's power on routine, then pressed the off button to shut it down
(I am postitive that I waited until the startup routine was finished).   Then I
finished unplugging the machine and used the cables for another computer (so I know
the cables are fine).  When I replaced the cables on the IIsi, I get no response from
either the back panel power button nor the keyboard power.  No response at all, no
whirs, clicks, bings, whistles, nada.  I retested the cables, they still work.  In
order to finish my project, I lifted the harddrive out of the IIsi and put it in the
other computer.  It works fine.

So, my suspicion is a fried powersupply.  I don't really want to mess with the
powersupply's internal parts, cause I've heard how dangerous they are, and I really
wouldn't have the first clue as to how to fix it.  Any hints on how to definitively
diagnose the problem?  Do I have a definitive diagnosis just from the lack of response?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

oobknarf