I think permanent, lifetime bans suck.

-Alex

Dan Knight wrote:

Always atleast two sides to a story.

flawed jai was kicked off this and other lists for putting my address on a personal spam list and continuing to send me unwanted email despite several requests to stop doing so. It had nothing to do with an off topic post. It had to do with spamming me after I said I would ban flawed jai from the list if it ever happened again.

Janet uses a old webtv setup for internet currently, buggy as they are with their IR keyboard and mouse....... We seen a few good excuses on this list, I kinda like this one

I'll be going down my list
of addresses, clicking off which ones to send to, and if the cursor lags
on one name, and then jumps ahead to another, I might have checked/
clicked a stoke, meant to indicate what i want to be the next name
entered, but the system processes the signal while the frame is on that
intermediate name that i did not want checked, and enters it instead.
how often  do you read the entire header of email names you cued up, to
see if it's everybody you meant to send it to?
do you even memorize everybody's email address in your book? or do you
trust the machine to do it?

i wrote dan, offering to wipe his singular name out of my book, so that
error can never happen again, but he's dead sure i did this to harass
him deliberately, on a 'spam list'.
by that stance, then every thing i ever send anyone must be spam. guess
I'm just excluded from polite company and relegated to the sewers of
netdom. guess dan thinks i am incapable of speaking to anyone in email,
and i exist only to write spam. guess i'm not fit to keep an address
book or initiate contact. I'm to speak only when spoken to, and never
venture to show anyone anything i saw on the net for myself...

what gets me, is that he threw me off the LISTS.
i didnt 'spam' the lists.
and i didnt 'spam' him-- and i dont keep what he's calling a 'spam
list'.
i was using my system--with all its glitches and lags and  aggravations,
which i might add, I've gotten damn tuned to-- and can usually kill an
unwanted action by reflex, by now--but this one got thru-- and he got an
unwanted forward he thinks proves that I'm rude and inconsiderate and a
troll, out to get him.

i guess no one is allowed to ever make an error. i guess systems have to
be perfect and failsafe and absolutely never hitch or hiccup--in his
world.

i was reasonable. i was polite. i apologized for machine and human
error.
i made a reasonable offer to rememdy it on my end.
wasn't good enough for him.
only banning me from the community was good enough for him.

it was dan, the person, at his own screen, that this mistaken forward
went to.
not to the LEM lists. and not to some 'spam list'. not unless he thinks
any person's address book is a 'spam list'.

but instead of blocking ME --from his PERSONAL email reception--which
would have made sense--he eliminates me from the POSTING lists--which
makes no sense at all.

As you'd image this is a portion of Janets mail, she does write alot.
It seems to be a easy enough mistake to get over and its not like this list can't use more active listers.
Posted to the list since some people liked Janet and might wonder how she came to be some dreaded spammer also a warning for those of you who have Dans email address in easy reach. Offlist isn't off list where he's concerned.

Now some of you would like to see me gone. You wont get a better chance, knock yourselves out.