Marten van de Kraats wrote:

One of the best things about the vintage and quadra macs is the fact they are still very useful, as OSX becomes more mature software is slowly drying up for the classic OS, I spend much more time in the internet archieve than I do on real sites now which I think is a real shame, the fact the archieve has a very small amount of sit files compared to hqx is also a limiting factor.

Software has been drying up for the 68k long before OS X appeared, just like software for DOS dried up. What is your problem with .hqx files? Even my IIci running system 6.08 can handle those.

Most companies no longer support the classic OS, downloads have been removed from their pages, if they still support mac at all its OSX. No I dont have a problem with that, since mid 2002 many pages have dissappeared. Don't kid yourself that software for dos has dried up.

Try to follow this Marten. The Internet Archieve is a good source of 68k
software the one problem is not alot of .sit files where collected. You
have much better luck finding the same file in .hqx format if the maker
offered a choice.

I dont have a problem with the file format execpt its enormous bloat, my
classic's also handle them, even the os6 one.

Nothing else that needs replying to.