From: Mark Benson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: IIsi vs No Cofee
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 19:11:35 +0000

On Nov 30, 2003, at 06:17 pm, J.S. Garrison wrote:

the IIsi goes to 33 megs with two 16's, one meg on board.

I didn't know it had a whole *1MB* on the board ;-).

You both probably know this, but the IIsi goes to 65 MB with four 16 MB SIMMs. There was a guy with the user name Sun guk or Sun_yuk or some such selling what appeared to be hundreds of them on Ebay. I don't know if he's still around. I think he was pricing them at $15 per set of four.

 And, with that spiffy angle adapter, you put in the Daystars I
 mentioned
 for the IIci. 68040/40 or 68030/50.

Can you get a Turbo601 on that adapter? If so it has the LCIII drawn for CPU upgrades.

When Daystar was selling the Turbo601 there was a model for the IIsi. Daystar claimed that the right angle adapter for the Turbo601 was different from the right angle adapter for the Turbo040. However, they also claimed that the Turbo601 card for the IIci was different from the Turbo601 for the IIsi and I've examined them right down to the placement of the resistors, and they're the same, so unless they were installing different firmware between the two models and somehow hacking the flash updater to know the difference, a Turbo601 is a Turbo601...And the adapters *might* be the same as well.

Anyway, the short answer is that there are indeed Turbo601s sold for the IIsi in existence. Finding one might be challengin. Finding one where the right angle adapter hasn't been lost along the way even more so. The Turbo601 was an expensive upgrade for a IIsi with its limited expansion. It made much more sense for the IIci.

Jeff Walther