--- Da Pen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thank you for the info.  The 2FX has been connected
> the LJ3 for its lifetime via an AppleTalk interface.

That _has_ to be third party. I hunted high and low
and sideways but never found mention of an AppleTalk
XIO printserver. Is this port in the printer's XIO
slot or external and attached to the serial or
parallel
port?

> There is an HP Postscript cartridge installed to
> grant us that privilege.

Level 1 or Level 2? You can figure this out by
printing
test pages with the cartridge installed. The thing
with
the LJ II and III series is with the PS cartridge
installed, PCL mode is not available. Not until the
LJ4 did LaserJets support auto mode switching.

The 4 series MIO slot is more versatile then the III's
XIO slot since MIO was designed for bidirectional
communications between the printer and MIO card.

I have a HP DeskJet 1200C with Postscript 2 and 12megs
RAM. This is a workgroup inkjet with an AppleTalk
MIO interface and it uses LaserJet drivers. Even
cooler
is it uses 4 seperate ink cartridges. The colors are
all full, so is black but the black one won't stay
printing even though it's full. The front paper feed
rollers need periodic cleaning to keep picking up
paper. Other than that it's a great printer.

=====
Say hello to Juror #49. Yep, I'm on jury duty until the end of March. Gotta call in
each weekend. Fun.