I bought a couple of LCIII's to fix up for my little Mac LC lab. I upgraded memory to 20 MB, put a 250 MB HD in one - 500 MB HD in the other, and installed OS 7.5.5 on each of them. Everything was working fine. Noticed time was wrong so I put a new battery in one. When I rebooted, I got no chime and no video. The screen brightened up but nothing further. No flashing X floppy icon, just a running HD but no error message, no nothing. Guess what happened with the other. Same sequence of events.

Can anyone tell me wha' happened? Is there some sort of CUDA thingy to push, smack, or prod?

Jim