on 1/18/04 7:27 AM, Robert J. Stevens at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I Inherited a Mac LC II and a friend brought me a LC 580. I got both
> running but having been a PC user & fixer for many Years I'm not real
> familier with the MAC's. Is there a good source for a Tutorial. All I
> have is the Getting Started Manual for the LC II. Plus System Floppies
> and some Games, CD's etc. The LC II has some Games. Would be good for
> the Kids but I have to learn more about running and Maintaining the
> MAC's. Got a couple of Quadra's also plus a MAC PLUS. Got some older
> Apples 2, 2C, and a GS plus lots of Drives, Monitors, couple keyboards.
> Got to get them all checked out and running
> Any Help will be appreciated
> TIA
> Bob in Wisconsin

Get that 580 up and ready for internet trawling. Find and install Open
Transport 1.1 with the TCP and PPP settings and Open Transport 1.0 with
the Modem and ppp/ot extension stuff. Probably from the below-mentioned
Apple Older Software Site.

If the 580 doesn't have an internal modem, buy an external one.

You can start with www.jagshouse.com.

Go here, too:   w3.trib.com/~dwood/oldmac.html

These two will open up a vast treasure trove of things to learn the Mac.

The Apple Older Software Site has huge hoards of stuff for old Macs.
Especially tutorials like Macintosh Basics.

http://www.info.apple.com/support/oldersoftwarelist.html

Jeff