J.S. Garrison wrote:

And again, as in my other recent email, I misspoke about I.E. 4 for Mac.
It's only for Power Macs.

Would you please explain this since you have written it twice or is it just your personal opinion?

There is a IE4.0.1 fat installer and a 68k installer, neither are hard to find as I've posted a link to them at least twice in this thread. The 128bit patch is almost impossible to find, the link on gambas page is by far the easiest place to start a search.
IE4.0.1 also includes a download manager that decodes hqx and bin files and has many of the features found in 5.1 like the side tabs. I see little difference but then I'm using a Aqua theme.
By default IE loads the completed page in one go, it waits for all the pictures to be downloaded before displaying the page. This behavior can be changed in the prefs and should be if your on a slow connection otherwise you can wait for a long time looking at a blank screen thinking its a poor browser.
IE4.5 was the first ppc only IE version.

NS4.08 was released in 98, the final ppc version 4.8 was released in 02. After the poor version 6 using the new engine (it has some good points) NS needed to save face somehow. Hard to spot a difference between 4.76 and 4.8, just more of the same.
The 4.08 full file may appeal to some as it contains the AOL instant messenger client along with all the other bits and pieces that make up the NS program family. One option missing is Netscape Conference. Big deal.
There is no Java support in NS4.0x, limited and rather useless support is included in the 3.04 gold browser.

Java. MRJ 1.0.2 is found on the OS8 cd and installs on OS7.1 with a 030, ignore apples readme yet again. IE4 will attempt to display java content once this is installed. NS ignores Java on 68k.

On a pc there are many add-ons like crazy browser or my current favorite MyIE2 that add the functions found in Moz like tabbed browsing. Whether these work under win3x, who cares?

Whatever you choose to use is a personal choice. Far better to keep a open mind and try them all if possible. They all have pro's and con's, I have supplied a res edit hack for NS in the past. ;)

Cheers