--- Desert Fox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Is it using 3.5" MO discs? I have an Olympus Sys.230
> that works just fine
> without any necessary drivers.

230 meg and smaller 3.5" MO drives are supported by
the Apple Drive Setup because they use 512 byte
blocks. My Fujitsu 640 meg 3.5" MO is not supported
by DriveSetup because the 640 meg standard uses
2048 byte blocks. FWB Hard Disk Toolkit and some other
3rd party drivers do support the 640 meg MO on Mac.

Drive Setup bases it's compatability on the drive,
not the disc, so it won't even format 230 or 128
disks in a 640 drive. :P

I dunno about MO drives larger than 640 meg.

=====
Say hello to Juror #49. Yep, I'm on jury duty until the end of March. Gotta call in
each weekend. Fun.