--- "Haroldo Mauro Jr." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I made a mistake on my last message. What happens is
> when I try to
> install System 6 on a floppy -- from an installer
> disk image on the
> G3 OS 9.2.2 -- I get a message saying I don't have
> the proper software for installation.

There's a Mac version of the Mac Plus emulator VMac
at www.vmac.org
Basilisk II has been ported to OSX
http://www.uni-mainz.de/~bauec002/B2Main.html
there may be a "classic" Mac OS port available
somewhere.

Another possibility is to get Disk Copy images of
1.44M System 6 install floppies. I don't think Disk
Copy 6.3.3 supports 400/800K disks or images.
Disk Copy 4.2 does, but then Apple took out support
for formatting 400/800K long before OS 9.2.2, dunno
about _reading_ them. None of the USB floppy drives
will read them.

But since you're wanting System 6 on a IIsi, you don't
*need* double density disks since it has a 1.44M
drive. :) So you could mount the 400K or 800K images
then copy the files to 1.44M disks.

=====
Say hello to Juror #49. Yep, I'm on jury duty until the end of March. Gotta call in
each weekend. Fun.