At 22:11 +1100 05/03/04, Darren wrote:

Under 9.1, 1.44mb Sys6 can be made using Diskcopy 4.
Just open and close the system folder to bless it.
Diskcopy4 will also make 800k under 9.1 provided a 800k floppy is inserted. You would have to drop back to OS7.5.x to create 400k disks. Without knowing what model G3 and what floppy drive is being used these maybe pointless facts. ;)

G3/300 beige running OS 9.2.2, a 1.4 floppy inserted on the internal floppy drive. As for the disk image, it is a System 6.0.7 installer, but I am not sure it is for a 800 or 1.4 disk. I'll have to check. And I want to install the system into the floppy in the drive. When the image is mounted, I see, among other icons, the one for the Installer and a System Folder, with its proper icon. When I click on the installer, it tells me "I don't have the proper hardware to proceed with the installation", even though the selected installation volume is the 1.4 disk in the floppy drive . So I dragged the System Folder from the mounted disk image to the floppy in the drive. The System Folder looses the icon. I try to bless it by opening and closing it; by dragging the Finder out and in again; but nothing works.

The problem Haroldo has with the hard drives is you have installed the mac disk driver onto the harddrive from a pci mac which is not being read properly by the si,

That is exactly what happened. I re formatted with FWB software and it apparently placed IIsi compatible disk drivers in them, because they're working now.

Thank you.
Haroldo