on 3/31/04 8:40 PM, E. Seth Miller at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Mar 2004, Vintage Macs wrote:
> I'm sorry, I should have been more clear with my original message.  Jumper
> block W3 is definitely not the same thing as W1, the ROM SIMM jumper.
> (And, no, there's not a W2 that I could see.)  It's a pair of jumpers that
> do not seem to be documented, and which I haven't seen the likes of on any
> other Mac.
>
> The switch on the rear appears to operate normally.  Let me rephrase
> that...  It protrudes like it should, moves in and out like it should,
> feels like the switches on my pack of IIcis...  It's just that when I push
> it in, it doesn't actually start the computer.
>
> The power key on the keyboard has the same effect.  I also tried several
> different keyboards, and no keyboard at all.
>
> -Seth

Meh. I've had a dozen IIcx boxen. Five of which went south for no good
reason at all. Two had soundlessness.

I like my misshapen IIcx. I cut the floppy slot wider and am using a
trap-door style floppy drive from a Performa 600 in it. It's nestled in a
IIci case, so the video hole is covered. And I scribbled an "x" in place of
the "i" on the front.

It was the gracious host for two 33Mhz. Radius Rockets during test firing
this afternoon.

Never seen it peppier. And that spiffy Rocket Rectangle and whoosh at
startup.......

Uh, but back to your dilemma. I've seen the switching circuit go away
disallowing a boot by electronic means. I fixed two replacing their
motherboards. I'm not a solder soldier. I replace in lieu of repair.

If you're convinced your power supply is AOK, then it's the mobo.

Might this be an option for you? Go to eBay and contact Olde Mac Milt.
He's fair and honest. He may have a mobo for you.

Jeff