on 04/23/2004 06:21 AM, John Niven at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
 I can get all 5 drives to work as single drives, and with
> OS 8.1 installed on one, the machine will boot. For some reason, in
> this mode, it will not boot from the CDROM. Is this because one of the
> drives on the JackHammer is ID 3 as is the CDROM?

   I would say Yes, the CD-ROM can not share the same address. Also have you
configured the addresses on the drives, so that the first drive on the chain
is '6' then the next is '5', then '4', all the way to '0' on the first buss?
   The system accesses the first ID nearest to '7' first '6', then goes to
5,4, 3, and so on to '0'. Zero being the last drive on the chain, if you use
them all, it would be terminated, all others no terminators or 'power on
termination' as with a CD-ROM.  Some will say NO NO NO put the internal boot
drive on address '0', but with a SCSI chain the "main" boot drive should be
the one nearest the system, and that is '6', because as we all know the
system is '7', and it does not jump to '0' first, it looks for the nearest
SCSI address then goes on from there.

   Michael