On Sunday, April 25, 2004, at 08:53 AM, Gregg Eshelman wrote:

--- Jeff Walther <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Have you tried RAID Toolkit 1.8?   The RAID support
in HDTK 3 is kind
of crappy but RTK was a good product back in the
day.

Hard Disk Toolkit 4 is wayyyy better than 3. 3 only supports volumes up to 4gig on 68k or NuBus PowerMacs.

4 will do larger volumes, at least on NuBus PowerMacs,
and it has no problems striping volumes across SCSI
busses. I don't recall if 4 is PPC only though. Don't
remember if I ever tried it on any 68k Mac.

Does anybody know if version 4 supports 68K Macs? I was advised by FWB that 3 was the latest but you never know, this stuff is old and people don't always remember right. I don't want to throw more money away on RAID s/w that doesn't do what it claims.

John