On May 7, 2004, at 06:47 am, Gregg Eshelman wrote:

http://www.micromac.com/ had SIMM stackers for the
IIfx, but like all their stuff, hideously expensive.

One of their most laugh generating items was an add
on expansion case for the pizzabox LC series.

What was even more laugh-generating was I could have made it for about £100 :)

The
only one it would have even bugun to make sense for
(especially at the late date it was introduced) was
the LCIII/III+. It was sort of a similar idea to
what PC Enterprises and other companies made to
expand the PCjr, except MicroMac didn't get around
to theirs until well after the LC pizzaboxen were
out of production. I could just imagine someone
spending $800 on one for an original LC or LC II.
The phrase "polishing a turd" comes to mind. ;)

Not that an LC or LCII qualifies in the "turd"
category, they're just, well... not something to throw
$800 at!

The LC was a good Low Cost Mac in it's day, and they last an last as a lesson in computer robustness, but the LCII, IMHO, was a sad effort. I haven't found a single LCII that hasn't died of Caps of Death in the sound area yet, and I've been through 3 or 4 now. Still, the cases make great MiniITX project boxes and hackboxes I have one with a Powerbook 5300 board in it ATM, I'm just figuring out how to mount the drives and battery/power module. Fun....

http://homepage.mac.com/quadrajet/elsieexplodes.mpg

Those who think that LCs aren't much use might find this amusing, I know the guy and he has about 60 LC Macs he can't shift, so he takes out his frustration on them. Suppose it beats going out an doing it on real people!

--
Mark Benson

AIM - SilValleyPirate
MSN - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Visit FlatPackMacs online: <http://fpm.68kmac.com>

"Never send a human to do a machine's job."
                                -The Matrix