On May 6, 2004, at 04:02 pm, Clark Martin wrote:

For one thing I've only ever used 6.0.8 on a Plus, and for another I wasn't referring to what it shipped with, I was referring to how neatly System 6 and the Mac Plus work together. They just feel like one and the same running together, I dunno if earlier OSs fell like that...

You said it's

Wait for it...

like

emphasis on *like* and its modification of *it is* to result in 'appears like' :o)

the two were made for each other

I didn't say they *were* made for each other did I? There ya go, that's where I think your not entirely on my wave Mr. Martin :o)

The Mac Plus had been around for sometime prior, about three years.

Never the less, the Plus was still a mainstream machine when System 6 was about. Are you telling me now my iMac G4 wasn't made to run Panther because it was released 18 months (or was it 2 years?) before OS X 10.3? I dunna think so sir. De fact is that if you have your senses in tact you don't just design your OS to be made for the computers it is released with, you design it to appeal to, and work well on a certain back-catalogue of machines so it attracts software upgrades as well as new unit purchases.

Still enough splitting hairs eh... :-D

--
Mark Benson

AIM - SilValleyPirate
MSN - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Visit FlatPackMacs online: <http://fpm.68kmac.com>

"Never send a human to do a machine's job."
                                -The Matrix