At 6:40 PM +0100 5/5/04, Mark Benson wrote:

I'll admit there is something mystically wonderful about a Plus with 4MB RAM running System 6. It's like the two were made for each other. I suppose they were in a way, but still, the same close connection between Mac and OS was lost from System 7 onwards IMHO. The only thing that even remotely approaches the 'two peas from the same pod' feeling is an iMac G4 running OS X, but it's still not quite the same...

Not even close, the Mac Plus originally shipped with OS 3.0 IIRC. OS 6 was much later. The IIsi shipped with OS 6.0.7.
Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA
Macintosh / Internet Consulting