Original Mesagge: Hi all!

Today a came apon my first IIfx. I had to have it ($20) but when I got it
back and plugged it in I got nothing!

Plugged a known good mains lead into it and a keyboard/mouse. Push the on
button on the back and the keyboard on button, but no response at all. The
machine looks complete inside - I can see ram and a rom (I think). Looks
very clean inside, so I don't think it's been stripped.

Is there some basic trick I need to look for before looking for the hard stuff?

Thanks,
       John

Check with a new PRAM-Battery. Steff