You'll need to make sure to burn them as a "regular" Mac OS cd, instead of a Mac OS Extended. It took me forever to figure that out with my IIci.

Kyle DePasquale

On Jan 25, 2005, at 6:08 PM, Arnel Tuazon wrote:

Hey folks,

I have a IIsi and I wanted to "preserve" some of my older programs onto CD.
Currently my main machine is a B&W G4/600 with an LG superdrive (DVD & CD
burner) running on Panther. I wanted to transfer my older programs that run
on the IIsi onto CD because their all on floppy right now. My IIsi is
running on OS 7.1 and it has an external (of course) CD-ROM. Is there
something that I need to do to the CD's when I burn them to make sure that
the IIsi will be able to read them? BTW I'm using Toast 6 to burn the CD's.
Will my IIsi be able to read CD's burned from the newer Mac?

Thanks in advance!

Send list messages to: <mailto:vintage.macs@mail.maclaunch.com>
To unsubscribe, email: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>