Doug McNutt wrote:
At 22:13 -0800 2/13/05, Gregg Eshelman wrote:

Self extracting Stuffit archives, .SEA type, cannot be opened
when their resource fork is lost, because the extractor
mini-program is in the resource fork and the data fork is
apparently not the same as a normal ..SIT file. There must also
be some data in the resource fork specific to each archive. If
there wasn't, there'd be no reason for Stuffit Expander to not be
able to open .SEA files missing their resource forks.

I have opened *.sea files from within Stuffit application and it is perfectly willing to ignore the resource fork. It may be that Stuffit Expander behaves a little differently. It may also depend on versions.

I'll back you up to a point, the version I use here is 3.something deluxe which gets past the lack of res fork for most .sea files and also fits nicely on a disk with other tools as a second boot disk.
I dont have enough experience to agree in full, of all the stuffit file types I think the res fork on the first part of a segmented file is far more important than a .sea, of coarse the rest of the segments dont matter. How very apple.

ymmvfaic