On 20-feb-05, at 19:02, Ken & Anita wrote:

My Reply follows quote. On 20/02/2005 09:26 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

Does anyone know how to change an SE battery that's soldiered in? Is there a
way to change it so it doesn't have to be soldiered to the board?

Thanks
Thomas
------
I have an Apple //gs that has the same type of battery. In order to
apply as little heat to the board as possible, I clipped the battery
leads as close to the battery as I could, then soldered the new battery
leads to the old ones. Be sure to note the polarity of the old battery
before cutting it loose!

keep in mind to leave the wire on the new battery not so short. heat can kill the battery more that the motherboard...