--- Allan Hunter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> At 10:29 AM -0400 5/1/05, Eric & Amy wrote:
> >Is there any way to prepare the drive under windows
> to boot up the LCIII.

<clip>

> I suppose it *might* be possible to format the drive
> HFS and then
> boot up Basilisk (Mac emulator) and then use the
> emulator running
> System  7 to install System 7 to the drive -- ??

I've formatted IDE drives to HFS, using Basilisk 2
under Win98SE, but I don't recall booting off one.
Might have tried it once to see if it'd work.

It should be possible to do the same with a SCSI
controller and drive, then move the drive to a Mac.

An alternate option is to create a disk image for
use with Basilisk 2 then install the System to it,
then connect up a formatted SCSI drive and copy all
the contents of the disk image to the real drive.

Nero Burning ROM can create bootable Mac CD-ROMs
from Basilisk 2 disk images, as long as the image
is small enough to fit on a CD-R. Nero will also
burn HFS volumes directly from SCSI hard drives.

Yet another way is to use a large capacity removable
media drive (like a Zip 100) with Basilisk 2.
Install a System or Mac OS to a disk then use that
disk in the same type of drive connected to the Mac.
I've used an external SCSI Zip 100 that way several
times.

It will be total Fandemonium, Summer 2005!
Check website for further info.
http://www.fandemonium.org