On May 25, 2005, at 5:58 PM, NODEraser wrote:

It absolutely makes me sick, to think of what people are throwing away
these days... Probably even G4's and other new equipment, besides old
stuff that's still perfectly useable.

I had a collection of over 200 old Macs. Last year, I gave away about 130 of them to a teenager in an affluent suburb. When I was unloading the truck, his mom came out. I figured "uh oh, did he tell his mom this was coming?" She came over and watched us unload for a few minutes, then thanked me and said "He's gonna love playing with these, and it will keep him off the streets." Phew!

It's getting to the point that any beige (or should I say "platinum," since they're not really beige) Macs are hard to give away!

I still have a boatload of compact Macs and other oddball workgroup servers and other odd iterations that I'll be purging this spring, if anyone's interested. I live in northeastern Illinois.