On Jul 27, 2005, at 12:50 PM, Louis Labrie wrote:

Well not sure about remotely in system 7, but if you have a keyboard
connected to it or have a spare to connect to it. When you want to
shut it down hit the power key then the enter key and that will do it.

Ethernet is the best way to go, But if you need them I have plenty of
Phonenet adapters for localtalk. $3 each or $10 for 4 + shipping

Is there any way to remotely shut down the III properly, not just
cutting the power to it?

Thanks for the advice - everyone! I may eventually go with Ethernet PDS cards (but I understand you need a right angle adapter, which I don't have). For some reason, hitting the power key does nothing on the LC III. I tried putting its HD in my SCSI box attached to my 520. I then booted off of it (7.0 or .1), and using the power key produces nothing You must use the special menu. I don't quite understand that one...

Kyle-