At 13:30 -0500 08/31/2005, Jeff Walther wrote:

 Does anyone have a pinout/datasheet for the IIfx/LWNT 64 pin SIMMs?
  I'm thinking about running off a few homebrew circuit boards, but
 haven't been able to turn up the information on the web.

Okay, I found the pinout in the "Guide to the Macintosh Family Hardware".

However, I'm still lacking the physical specifications, i.e. the size and shape. There should be an engineering drawing out there somewhere with the dimensions. And some discussion of the electronic attributes of the 64 pin SIMM would be nice too.

The pinout shows a separate data_in and data_out pin for each bit of the SIMM. In other words, it's an eight bit SIMM, but instead of simply having eight data pins Data[0:7] it has eight Data_In[0:7] and eight Data_Out[0:7] pins. That could imply that the IIfx SIMM requires bizarre dual data ported chips, but the chip examples I've identified (thanks Bob) seem to be normal DRAM chips.

It could also mean that the Data_In and Data_Out pins are simply tied together on the SIMM (at the chip data pin). That's the kind of thing that the electronic specifications for the 64 pin SIMM should tell me.

Jeff Walther