On 1-sep-05, at 19:46, Dennis Myhand wrote:

Dennis Myhand wrote:
Gregg Eshelman wrote:
To fix that, a PRAM zap will do. Hold Command, Option,
P,
and R, then hit the power button and keep holding
those
four keys until it chimes two times. (If it ever does
chime.)

This was actually one of the first things I did. No Chime has come from this machine.

Just to give an update. All the cables are connected properly and securely. All chips are like-wise. I have checked the battery, and it shows 3.617 volts, DC. I have zapped the PRAM, and I have removed the two daughter cards from the logic board, zapped the PRAM, and still no chime, no start. Does anyone have an idea of where I should go next, before I download a system image on my G-3 and reinstall the system? Or should that simply be my next move? Thanks, Dennis

the chimes are generated after the first hardware check and are not controlled by software on these machines. did you plug in headphones to check if the phones-socket is ok? i suspect the capacitors. i have a portable waiting to receive new ones because of a power-failure and distorted sound. look around the capacitors for leakage of any sort.