On Wednesday, October 05, 2005, at 09:24AM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Eric,
>
>I'm sure I have the one I used somewhere, but there is definitely a site
>somewhere that has boot images with the HD Setup utility. I wish I kept
>bookmarks more diligently! Still, I may be able to put one together from my
>working computer. What sort of disk have you installed, by the way?
>
>Nathan
>
>Quoting [EMAIL PROTECTED]:
>
>> I finally got a Hard drive replacement for my LCIII.
>> I am in need of a disk image to put on a floppy to boot up.
>> I have tried the 7.5.3 disk available from apple but i get a "bus
>> error" when i get through the Macintosh start splash screen.
>> Anyone have a working copy of something that will boot this thing.
>> Thanks

Sounds to me like you have a SCSI setup issue, or the floppy you are booting
from is faulty. Check the floppy is ok by booting it on a known good Mac
(anything up 7500/8500/9500 sort of era will boot 7.5.3 if i remember right).
If that works ok then look to your hard disk and ensure you have the cable in
correct (it's pretty hard to get wrong in an LC!), and that the drive is set to
an ID that is not 7 and is terminated. As a general rule the Mac will stop at
the grey pre-happy Mac screen and refuse to boot if the SCSI is setup really
wrong, but it's definitely not always the case, especially if you have one
thing right and one thing wrong.

Other possibilities include Bad RAM, or loose cables (again there really aren't
very many on an LC).

You could try booting without extensions (hold SHIFT at the Happy-Mac) incase
something loaded on Apple's 7.5.3 Disk Tools disk is disagreeing with the
computer.

I have successfully run 7.5.3 on an LCIII and LCIII+ so there are no issues as
regards OS compatibility in general.

--
Mark Benson

http://homepage.mac.com/markbenson