I like the idea of using docks for better sound for iPhone and iPod. It sounds good with iPod docks with speakers. How does that work with iPad?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kevin Barry" <krba...@gmail.com>
To: <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Friday, April 20, 2012 6:27 AM
Subject: Re: iPhone versus iPad?

It's fair to say most IOS apps of any kind are highly visual in nature.
That doesn't mean that they are more or less accessible because of it.

At 09:34 PM 4/19/2012, you wrote:
Hi,

Most apps that are just made exclusively for the iPad are done to take advantage of the larger display. So, I think its fair to say that These apps are often highly visual in nature? And I've been using IOS since 2009, and have bought a lot of apps. Its been my experience that the more an app developer goes for stunning graphics, etc etc, there is a less likely hood of it being accessible with voiceover. I do not think this is a grand over generalization. Its not like I said, "most people in the U.S. will buy a pair of pants. Sigh.

Ricardo Walker
rica...@appletothecore.info
Twitter:@apple2thecore
www.appletothecore.info

On Apr 19, 2012, at 5:12 PM, Kevin Barry <krba...@gmail.com> wrote:

> A grand over generalization.
>
> At 08:11 AM 4/19/2012, you wrote:
>> This is true. I find in many of these cases, most of those apps
end up not being accessible anyway. lol. Go figure.

<for...@talknav.com> wrote:

>> > Ricardo,
>> >
>> > Please don't forget, as it is often overlooked, there are some
apps which require an ipad, a lot of full content newspapers are like that.

>> > so, this is a key difference which is often overlooked when I
hear people giving their views on the differences.

>> > Regards,
>> >
>> > Neil Barnfather
>> >
>> > Talks List Administrator
>> > Twitter @neilbarnfather
>> > www.neilbarnfather.com
>> >
>> > TalkNav is a Nuance, Code Factory and Sendero dealer, for all your
>> > accessible phone, PDA and GPS related enquiries visit >> > www.talknav.com

>> > e-mail: - serv...@talknav.com
>> > Phone: - +44  844 999 4199
>> >

>> > On 18 Apr 2012, at 04:13, Ricardo Walker wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Honestly, its just a personal preference thing.  The iPad
won't do anything you can't do on an iPhone. Well, except have 4G connectivity. But this will probably be on the iPhone coming out later this year. Some prefer the bigger screen for typing. This I can understand. Especially if they get a case with a built in keyboard. This essentially turns the iPad into a netbook.

<danielle.mcculloug...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> [...]
know the screen is bigger, etcetc, but why would you get one if you already had an iPhone?

really want to know. I'm wondering whether to get an iPad, or save up for a mac. I already have a 4S, and whatever I get, I want it to be because it can do more, or different things, or ttthere's no point.

a mac as it's more accessible than it is on the iPhone, but is the iPad the same as the iPhone? I would assume the answer is yes, because it uses the same app store, but I'd love to hear from people if they can share experiences and/or opinions and comparisons.