Hi Alex. Your points are well said. I did not know that UK Braille doesn't use the dot 6 for capitalizing words. Thanks for letting me know this. In regards to the capitalization, I was mainly referring to people's names and proper nouns. For example, in your email, the display name shows up as alex wallis instead of Alex Wallis. This is more of what I was meaning. I'm not trying to imply that it shows lack of education on the person, but more something like a lack of thinking of such things if the person uses speech for most of their daily computer usage. When I type, it's just natural to press the shift key after a period. And even in fact, when I wrote the example of your name, knowing I was typing a person's proper name, I pressed the shift key automatically. It's just what I'm used to because of how I learned about grammar and proper nouns. Regarding the spelling issues for Braille users, I completely agree. In fact, I'm making sure to let my 7 year old know that he can't rely on contracted Braille for everything in terms of knowing his spelling. It's sad when a child can't spell knowledge or necessary because they only know the Braille. I think that regardless of what technology is available to people, basic things like proper spelling, grammar, and math should be taught so that the reliance on technology isn't absolute.

Sorry all for getting off topic on this. I'd be happy to discuss more regarding this off list if someone still wants to.

I don't want this to get heated, and I really should moderate myself. *smile*.

--
Raul A. Gallegos
Why does someone believe you when you say there are four billion stars; but have to check when you say the paint is still wet?