Hi list,
I am aware the topic of exactly how to get around drm on purchased iBooks is not allowed to be discussed on list. However, I finally managed to do it today, for a book I legally purchased from apple, and it will be the last considering the restrictions they have in place, and the effort involved in getting round them. If people want to know how to do this, please write to me off list and I will be happy to tell you. This method is not to steel content from apple, it simply allows you to use content legally purchased from apple how you want, so for example read epub files on a pc.
once again, write to me off list, at
alexwallis...@googlemail.com
I won't respond on list to anyone, or post the instructions.
Also, I have no experience of removing drm from audio content, what I managed today was removal of drm of an epub book purchased from the itunes store that can normally only be read in iBooks on an I device. Please note also, that the book has to have been purchased by you, you can't just use a file of a book that a friend gives you because the method does involve downloading the purchased item from the itunes store and letting itunes authorize your device to view it.
hope to hear from anyone who is interested.
Alex.